Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why post?

I barely read blogs (bad thing given this one gets occasionally updated), don't really care if anyone reads it (or else I would have told everyone), so why do I keep on adding stuff here?



  1. Personal Reflection: Keeping thoughts in my mind is difficult. Writing just ensures that the thoughts come out - and enforces concentration.

  2. Global Log: Easily accessible from anywhere in the world given Google remains alive.

  3. History: So many other things I've lost, or have just gone. Each post is like a snapshot of who I was before.



Ah, time for my favorite part - the devil's advocate:



  1. Why Share if it's Personal? Not personal in that sense. More my thoughts on various things. For example, game reviews - something that I hunt for whenever I try to purchase a game - I appreciate having access to. (hundreds of bloggers is better than a few big-media as more things will come out of it - ok, I read blogs found through the web randomly, none followed in particular. Something to add for those who are being attentive)

  2. History? Yes, people change. This is a snapshot of who I am, today, July 10th. The best example of this is a hard drive I had in my old 386. Popped it into my current machine, booted it up, and boy did it bring back memories and set me straight. I wanted to be a cartoonist - so a little protagonist I had invented while in high-school graced the desktop as my wallpaper. I envy those days, things were less complicated because I didn't know any better to make things complicated.



Which comes to maybe the greatest reason. Blogger is the easiest method (so far) that I've found to keep my past alive. And I know complexity - as a programmer - I can tell how we overcomplicate our lives. For example, to access a database there's SQL that, for many things is overkill powerful, but works great. It needs to parse statements, check against the schema, and do a ton of things. I could do the same with a flat-file (and at times flat-files are better). We like complications, I like how things were much simpler when I was younger.



I digress - keep it simple stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment