Friday, February 5, 2010

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode One Thoughts

Even though this looks like a good game (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrgO5c-9m8), I worry. 

The games from the Genesis were nice and quick - the story happened as 10-second non-narrated blips between animated sprites.  Looking at more recent games (closest is Sonic Rush) - it's riddled with story - getting into a level for the first time requires reading a few paragraphs of text.

The other difference is that the older games felt as though there was much more to explore.  I can't count how many times I replayed the first Sonic game running at the bottom of the levels, top of the levels, middle of the levels, etc.

I'm interested - but skeptical.  I'm not against change - but the above two points will be part of my main criteria when deciding if it's worth purchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment