Thursday, November 26, 2009

Testing the updated next feature in Blogger

The little 'Next Button' has been updated.  Or so says the Blogger Buzz blog.

It seems to work with this blog; which either focuses on programming, technology, video-games, or the odd short story.  It tends to stick with technology; and away it goes.  I'll admit I was happily surprised that it picked up something that could potentially be interesting.

Now; the other site I tried was my "5 minute" experiment.  It's a series of short fictional stories (if you can call it that) written in five minutes without any backspacing.  I do correct the language a bit; but the words are as they came to my mind.  This blog, the 'Next Blog' button couldn't figure it out.  It's all over the place; it doesn't attempt to take any topic seriously.  It leads to some interesting places.  Actually, it found one person who seemed to have some creative writing.

The last one is my comic blog.  It's not worth linking to as I can't keep a drawing schedule.  I can't even keep a writing schedule for goodness' sake.  Let's say this one has the least chances of succeeding, and it fails miserably with the 'Next Blog' button.

So here's the conclusion - it's great.  As long as you're grounded on earth with some sort of consistent topic and not all over the place and writing about the non-existent.

I could also conclude that all technology is a work in progress...  no matter how perfect it seems now, something better is bound to arrive too soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment