Sunday, December 7, 2014

Review of the Lego Big Ben (350 piece) model

Armed with a 20% off coupon, I ended up buying this small set of bricks.  The Whitehouse was the first set I got in the series, and I thoroughly enjoyed building it.  The series itself tends to do clever things with the bricks in sets that aren't too big or expensive (ie. the Parisian Cafe which I'd love to have).

Yes, it is a small model.  Very thin, very small.  And for that size, it has a lot of bricks.  Why?  it's the small detail and that there is very little, if any, empty space within the 3-brick-thick walls.

Most of the model uses bricks that I could find on my spaceships of yore - much of the detail comes from clever brick building.  And that is why I must write a blog post about this model.  I enjoyed following the instructions and building it since it achieved so much detail with so few bricks.  Even though I could tell from the box that they couldn't have built it in many other ways, the person who translated the model into lego did a great job.

It is the latest landmark to exist on my desk.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment