Friday, March 27, 2009

The Selfless

The selfless are normally well regarded in society.  They put others first, and take care of themselves later.  I have no problem with that - it's a great quality.

My topic is the extremely selfless people.  Those that omit the 'take care of themselves' part.  The ones that are lonely and are selfless for attention.  So desperate for attention - and at the bottom of the social pit.  And their lives are too comfortable to leave the confines of their homes.

Then comes my fear - am I becoming one of these people.  Socially isolating myself.  But then another task takes over my thoughts until I'm back to self reflection.  And then I think of fun - it's never in solitude - always among a group.  Either friends or unknowns.  Once things get better financially - I'm going to look for a chess or go club.  My mind could use a bit of tweaking, and my social skills are in need of updating.

But that's the least of my worries for now - I still see other people.  Some people, though, are much further along.  It shows me the path to avoid.  They seem apathetic to suggestion - say they'll resolve the issue while delving further in their ways.  Even worse - the word `I' became unspeakable - replaced with the word `we' bearing more power but skewing reality.  And some things are `because it's who I am'.

Giving up.  Definite failure?  I hope not.  So away from that I steer.

No comments:

Post a Comment