Friday, December 1, 2006

Burnt out Student Season

It's that wonderful time of year again. The time when, as a student, you kick yourself to do homework, just to realize that you'd rather enjoy the weekend. The time when we take joy in exams, for the classes will finish two weeks afterwards due to the various assigned projects. It's a time to be grateful of the maligned bureaucracy that is a University...

In other news, I've taken up playing "The New Super Mario Bros." again. It sort of makes me wonder; should the idea of saving be removed? It took me no more than a month to complete the game while finding every possible item, however if I wouldn't be able to save then I'd always be starting from the beginning. Sort of like SMB3; where in the end I had memorized off by heart every level of the first four worlds. The reason for not including save games is that as a player I might finish a level by fluke, and not by talent -- and same goes for the coins. Especially since there is no actual way to have a game-over (I'm currently at 60 lives, and that's without doing any simple 1-up trick, except for making giant mario run over the end-flag, since it's so much fun).

Lastly; how often does it happen that a scroll-bar starts moving only when you consciously think about it moving? Happened to me a few days ago, very odd feeling indeed, especially since it felt as though the world had stopped except for my thought processes.

No comments:

Post a Comment